Every software and app owner prefers to launch a product free from all sorts of performance defects without compromising quality. That is why testing takes center stage. Automated testing has been a big game-changer for business enterprises of all sizes and types interested in launching software and mobile apps. It simulates a system and reports whether expectations like higher quality matrix, reduced failure, and increased confidence are met. This unique testing type enables you to market a product in a lesser time along with less risk of human errors. Business organizations backing automated testing can increase testing ability and reduce efforts. Read here why automation testing matters more than ever.
What Do You Get with Automated Testing?
Automation testing is the application of technology and tools to test apps or software to reduce testing efforts, build better quality products, deliver faster outcomes, offer affordable solutions, and eliminate defects. You can expect the following automated testing solutions to make the most of your software product or mobile app when it comes to automated testing.
- Create test scenarios and test cases
- Write relevant test scripts
- Develop a data-driven testing framework
- Streamline automated tests and their maintenance.
- Analyze automated tests outcome
- Create test reports
- Maintain the test automation scripts and framework
- Migration of test scripts developed within legacy frameworks (on demand)
Although many companies prefer to go with manual tests, they pick automation testing to a certain extent. It happens because they are not aware of the benefits of automated testing in the app development process. Look at why automation testing is essential for your organization and what benefits it can bring to your app performance needs.
- Reduce cost or failure
- Save time and efforts invested in testing
- Lay foundation for CI and DevOps
- Reliable performance with precision
- Capable of running thousands of tests simultaneously
- Increased confidence
- Measure quality matrices
- Increased confidence
Automated Testing vs Test Automation
Compared to manual testing, an automated test is a practical option for repeatedly running test cases over a long period. It is reliable and performed by scripts or tools, and it is faster than the manual approach and doesn’t entail human observation.
For people with no idea of automation in testing, both automated and test automation is the same, more or less. But, both of them have some differences that make them different from each other. They are interrelated concepts, but each has a particular meaning and purpose. Read here the difference between the two.
Automation testing is the procedure of executing a specific set of tests, not manual tests like regression testing.
- It executes repetitive test cases every test cycle.
- This testing type compares the actual output with the expected output by writing test cases and using the testing tool.
- It automates a complete test strategy, decreases the test execution time, and enhances test coverage.
- It creates test data for automated tests with accurate results and unusual human errors.
Sometimes, it is believed that test automation is not testing but a factor that lets you control the app on the check. It is a way to automate test cases, not a testing method. Overall, it can be termed as an approach to develop test cases and execute them in place of testing directly.
Test Automation has different test strategies like the automated execution and development of predefined test cases. Moreover, tools are deployed at every testing level phase, and in addition, they automate the testing process.
Automated Testing Frameworks
From coding standards to test-data handling to object repository treatment, there are lots of activities that a testing framework makes easy for automation test experts. Have a look at some automated test frameworks that make things easy for testers.
- Linear scripting or record & playback
- The Test Library Architecture Framework or “Structured Scripting” or “Functional Decomposition”
- The Data-Driven Testing Framework
- The Keyword-Driven or Table-Driven Testing Framework
- The Hybrid Test Automation Framework
Test Automation Infrastructure Tools
- Automation tools – Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, HashiCorp Terraform, and HashiCorp Packer
- CI/CD tools – AWS Developer Tools, Azure DevOps, Google Developer Tools, GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, and TeamCity
It is clear that automated testing gives you an edge and solves complex issues before your software or app product hits the market. You can have a top-class software product by hiring a test automation expert having skills and tech stack to do automated testing for your new or upcoming products.
With automated testing options, you can have improved, error-free, tested, and quality products.