Artificial intelligence (AI) has been trending in automation for the last decade. It will undoubtedly impact the software development lifecycle and software development companies that focus on planning, satisfaction, accuracy, and faster delivery rates. AI-powered tools for test automation are the next buzz in automation. Nowadays, many enterprises embrace AI to solve complexities and simplify testing processes. The ease of maintenance is the biggest advantage of using AI-powered tools over traditional tools. AI-enabled tools come with in-built self-healing capabilities and affect the test automation scenario. Know more about the top 5 AI-powered test automation tools in 2023.
The Role of AI in Automation Testing
Artificial intelligence is the ability of a machine to learn, modify, and use data to handle any future scenarios. AI applies problem-solving and reasoning to automate the testing process. AI automation testing involves leveraging AI and Machine Learning (ML) in the existing software automation testing tools in order to generate superior results and address common challenges in automation testing. AI automation testing is known for accelerating the product lifecycle and driving up the organization’s revenue. AI in automation testing helps in
- automation test authorization, execution, and maintaining automation tests
- delivery of transparency
- detection and correction of bugs on time
- enhancement of the overall efficiency
- expedition of the automation testing process
- generation of relevant data for decision-making
- improvement in the efficiency of the QA processes
Testers maintain and modify loads of test cases daily. Here, AI automation testing tools let testers handle repetitive tasks smoothly, generate appropriate decision-making data, and detect and correct issues in the development life cycle at an early stage. AI plays a vital role in maintaining automation test suites and improving UI, Unit, and API testing. Overall, AI testing tools come to testers’ help when they
- Detect, fix, and correct bugs and errors in the early stages
- Discover changes in apps and modify the script for test case maintenance
- Improve overall efficiency and transparency in the testing processes
- Offer quality testing output accurately and speedily
AI Advantages in Automation Testing
Testing ensures customer contentment and protects prospective failures within an application. Modern software development life span is complex with quick feedback, frequent releases, and lesser delivery time needs. That is why AI occupies the central stage. The ability of AI-powered testing tools to mimic human behavior makes them highly useful for testers involved in automated and précised continuous testing processes. These tools identify alterations more efficiently than human beings with perpetual algorithm updates. Here are the different advantages of using AI in software testing.
- automate API test generation
- conduct visual testing
- emerging and evolving bots
- enhanced defect tracking
- enhanced writing of test cases
- greater test coverage
- improved regression tests
- improved security
- prognostic analysis
- saving time and money
- self-repair of Selenium tests
How to Overcome Testing Challenges with AI-powered Tools
AI has enabled machines to enhance the scope of their problem-solving capabilities. AI-powered machines can think and act like human beings. That is why AI-enabled tools emerge as a helping hand to solve complex problems in the least possible time. AI has transformed the landscape of enhancing testing efficiency and addressing automation testing challenges. Look at some common test automation challenges that testers need to resolve with AI-powered tools.
Limited Knowhow: All test automation experts are not the same; so are their testing skills. So, they find it hard to utilize some open-source and inapt test automation tools. All testing experts don’t come from the same background. They need to have sufficient testing and programming skills to create an automation test suite.
Scalability: The automation framework should support different tests with quick test results when the test automation suite grows. Moreover, scalability issues can occur if tests are not run and executed smoothly on other devices and configurations.
Continuous Maintenance: Updating the automation test suite frequently with product updates and new features is mandatory. Even with an evolved automation testing tool, testing tools must be tested. Refactoring the test case is a familiar UI Automation challenge. Once a test case is created, it lasts only for a few days. So, it must be maintained regularly.
Test Reporting: A test automation framework should be equipped with a test reporting feature. Many open-source test automation tools offer minimal information, incomplete insights, and reporting facilities. Here, automation testers need to use external plugins and perform custom programming in order to add additional reporting features.
Testers can quickly address the above challenges by choosing the right AI automation testing tools. Look at some unique AI-enabled test automation tools that will give automation testing experts an edge in 2023.
Top AI-Powered Automation Testing Tools in 2023
There is a long list of AI-enabled test automation tools, and the QA team of software development companies must choose the right one to solve test automation purposes. Many AI automation testing tools perform intelligent bug hunting, execute predictive self-healing, enable application resilience, and automate business processes and workflows. Here are some unique AI automation tools that testing experts can try in 2023.
Applitools is a reliable AI-enabled automation tool for visual UI testing and monitoring. Applitools application is an end-to-end software testing platform that focuses on manual QA, DevOps, and digital transformation. Driven by Visual AI, this tool enables a machine to mimic human behavior. This AI-enabled app is enriched with an adaptive ML algorithm. The tool is made robust with 3.8 times more stability, 45% more defect detection, and 5.8x faster visual-infused tests.
- It has a single line of code to analyze the entire app screen
- It leverages AI and ML for test maintenance
- It has a comparison algorithm that recognizes changes faster
- It integrates existing tests smoothly and eliminates the need for writing and learning new tests
Testim.io is an automated functional testing tool that uses AI and ML to accelerate test automation authority, execution, and maintenance. It runs well on different browsers and platforms. It has a free basic plan with limited features and a pro plan supporting everything. This end-to-end AI testing tool reduces test creation execution time by running multiple tests simultaneously.
- It concentrates on functional and UI testing
- It has smart Locators to detect the changes in the app while running automatic tests
- It integrates with CI/CD tools seamlessly and offers detailed bug reports
- It overcomes unstable tests and slows authoring issues occurred from frequent UI changes
- It performs root-cause analysis of the failed tests
ACCELQ is a cloud-based codeless AI testing automation tool that automates different aspects of the quality lifecycle: Test design to planning to execution. It is a unique way to automate API & UI testing.
- It focuses on web UI, API, desktop, and mobile platform automation
- It owns self-healing, natural English programming, intelligent element explorer, and automated test generation features
- It offers a unified view of the complete QA lifecycle by integrating well with popular DevOps toolchains
- It offers predictive and path analysis for developing test scenarios
Functionize is a cloud-based automated testing option for functional, performance, and load testing. It uses AI and ML to enhance test creation, diagnosis, and maintenance. It can execute loads of tests within minutes from all mobile browsers and desktops.
- This cloud-based automation testing platform relates to the declarative category of AI testing tools
- It creates, verifies, and maintains tests using AI and ML
- It has an AI-powered smart agent to create tests quickly
- Its SmartFix feature can test failures and detect UI changes with ease
TestCraft is an AI-powered test automation platform used for regression and continuous testing. It also monitors web apps well. It uses AI to eliminate maintenance time and costs. This platform enables testers to visually create automated, Selenium-based tests with the help of a drag-and-drop interface.
- It uses ML algorithms to recognize correct web elements while the app changes
- It creates automated Selenium-based tests for testers to run tests on multiple platforms and browsers
- It enables the creation of test models with On-the-Fly mode for reusing test steps
- It comes with self-healing capabilities
The growing use of AI-enabled tools has already transformed the software testing landscape. These tools deliver innumerable benefits of AI and ML that traditional automation testing tools fail to offer. With Applitools, Testim.io, TestCraft, AccelQ, and Functionalize tools, testers will be able to deliver more mature solutions to automation testing problems in 2023.
Professional software test automation companies know how to cost-effectively utilize these tools to offer unique test automation solutions. AI-powered test automation tools will not replace manual testing, but they can smartly accelerate the present automation systems.