The broad popularity of Python as a programming language can be attributed to its several features –
- It is versatile
- It has easily understandable syntax
- It contains a plethora of libraries and frameworks
In fact, Python is one of the most sought-after programming languages in the world due to its application in vast areas of software development processes, like web development, data science, and game development.
With Statista ranking Python as the 4th most-used programming language in the world as of 2022, the viability of this programming language in python mobile app development is well-substantiated.
Talking about Python frameworks, are programmed to automate the implementation tasks, thereby helping developers to ideate structures leading to application development.
Python frameworks (full-stack, micro, or asynchronous) respectively consist of modules/packages, designed to facilitate ease of development processes in less time.
Types of Python Frameworks
- Full-stack Framework
It consists of all necessary tools, including template layouts, form validation/generators, etc. providing an end-to-end solution to web development.
- Micro Framework
A minimalistic web application framework, it doesn’t contain many of the functionality features typical in a full-fledged web application framework.
- Asynchronous Framework
Also called non-blocking code, it allows the execution of time-taking tasks like running other processes in the background while running the rest of the code concurrently.
Role of Python Frameworks for Web Development
As already discussed, one of the features of Python frameworks is that they are designed to automate typical application development processes.
Providing a foundation to develop the program is another contribution of python frameworks which essentially results in time efficiency, as application developers don’t have to go back to square one.
Using the frameworks also enables engineers to avoid the necessity of low-level details while addressing the application logic. As a result, they don’t have to deal with repetitive functions.
Importance of Python Frameworks for Web Development
Despite naysayers downplaying the importance of python frameworks as not being a vital part of the application development process, it’s another way around.
The irrefutable truth is that python frameworks are crucial in speeding up building applications using discrete functionality, and reusable generic modules. It allows developers to focus on more specific components by ruling out the routine processes.
Software developers depend on a host of python frameworks best suited to their requirement of building python-based apps.
Reasons Why Python Frameworks are Important for Web App Development
Secure and Stable Technologies
Python has been serving developers since 1930. The consistent development it has gone through over the decades validates the point as to why it is a developer-friendly programming language. It can effectively deal with a large data volume.
Python frameworks reliably ensure effective protection against security threats. Developers can use a variety of tools from the frameworks to build an airtight app with military-grade security features.
Supports From a Large Community of Developers
One can rely on the support provided by a large community of developers and users for python software development projects. The support could be in the form of documentation or references to answer your questions, satisfactorily.
Affordable Development Costs
Frameworks help you ideate the basic structure of your python application development. As a result, you end up saving time and costs in building an application and its deployment, thus causing significant improvement in the overall development processes.
Flexibility of Development
Frameworks are highly flexible and customizable, thereby allowing you to build micro functions and enable front-end and back-end development for your specific projects.
7 Best Python Frameworks For Web App Development
A free and popular open-source web framework, Django helps developers to facilitate rapid web development and design.
Based on the model–template–views (MTV) architectural pattern, the framework eases out the process of developing complex code and apps faster. You can develop high-quality web apps and APIs using this python-based web framework.
First created in 2003, Django serves the primary purpose of simplifying the development of complex and database-driven websites. It emphasizes the side of reusability and various other features, such as less code, low coupling, faster development, and reduced repetition of software development patterns.
Key Features –
- It allows the development of a multitude of products, ranging from CMS to social networks
- It is based on the principle called DRY (“Don’t repeat yourself”) intended to reduce the repetition of software patterns and avoid redundancy through data monetization
- It includes features, like URL routing, database schema migration, and ready-to-use libraries and is more secure
- Its Get Method feature allows data transfer and encrypts key details with a secret key
- It easily processes copious data volumes without affecting the UX
- It has a broad assortment of libraries
- It focuses on less use of code and the reusability of components
This object-oriented web application framework is designed for RAD (rapid application development), a technical approach to developing apps based on adaptive processes.
Released in 2002, the framework follows a minimalist approach to building web apps without having to install the Apache server.
It facilitates the creation of templates and data access using any type of technology. It is the second most popular python-based framework showcasing simple syntax to build web apps easier.
Key features –
- It ensures handling a multitude of users easily without affecting the performance of an app
- It features numerous functionalities with tools, templates, and plugins to launch superior apps
- It allows seamless integration with any Python library
- It features built-in profiling and testing support
- It can be used to run many HTTP servers at once
- It is a powerful configuration system that both developers can deployers can use
- Its default tools can be used for caching, encoding, static content, authentication, sessions, etc.
- It features a flexible plugin system
This progressively growing python-based framework is one of the top picks for developers for its versatility and minimalistic approach to building web apps.
Its transparency and measured quality, aside from features like security, URL code mapping, and flexibility are some upsides for which it is being utilized by top companies, including Reddit, Mozilla, Yelp, etc.
Key features –
- It features an extensive set of add-ons with quality similar to the Pyramid core, thereby offering additional functionality
- Its security APIs account for a massive overhaul of the authentication and authorization system
- It features a handful of tools consisting of testability, modular architecture and flexible authentication and authorization
Created by Armin Ronacher, Flask is a micro web framework. It is one of the most popular python-backed frameworks designed for open-ended applications.
The use of the framework involves big companies including LinkedIn and Pinterest and is an ideal framework for developing small to easy projects. It is used to create and run websites and web apps of the varying scale of complexity.
Key features –
- It features a host of external libraries, ensuring integration is done fast and easily
- It is known for having integrated support for unit testing, fast templates, and the Web Server Gateway Interface for communicating with the web servers
- Though well-documented, it is simple microframework to develop apps faster
- It has many interesting features, including a built-in debugger, development server, integrating unit testing support, compliance with WSGI 1.0, and multiple extensions to integrate new functionalities easily
An open-source web framework based on the Zope toolkit, Grok primarily focuses on making the Zope toolkit broadly accessible for newcomers.
It helps developers get an agile experience in developing applications. The framework features an enhanced application development process and a wide assortment of independent libraries to be chosen by developers based on the requirement of tasks.
Key features –
- Its strong foundation allows the development of powerful and extensible web apps
- Developers can use it to maximize Zope 3
- It features a strong object database for storage and integrated security
- Its component architecture is designed to reduce the volatility of development
- It features some key assets and building blocks to build custom web apps for business needs
As a full-stack, python web application framework, TurboGears consists of various WSGI (Web Server Gateway Interface), including WebOb and Repoze. Its model–view–controller (MVC) architecture is designed to facilitate web application development in Python faster.
The framework is used to address various shortcomings in numerous widely used web and mobile app development frameworks.
Even with an insignificant setup, developers can build web apps using TurboGears.
Key features –
- It helps developers utilize various JS development tools to streamline Python website development
- It entails elements such as SQLAlchemy, Repoze, WebOb, and Genshi which developers can use to build web apps faster than most existing frameworks
- It allows easy coordination of frontend design due to ToscaWidgets
- It permits developers to maximize accessible command-line tools
Released in 2009, Bottle is one of the most popular web frameworks in Python in the category of small-scale frameworks. Used to develop web APIs, this python framework is programmed to execute tasks in a single source of the document.
The simplicity of use, being lightweight and an ideal option for programmers to develop simple websites and small-scaled web apps are some attributes popularizing the framework in the community of developers.
It is considered an ideal framework for developers who favor microframeworks featuring great flexibility and generic functionalities.
Key features –
- The framework lacks a multitude of features, except the bare minimum
- It features code readability and simplicity to use
- It is easy to learn for developers even with a basic understanding of both Python and web programming
Other Honorable Entries
- Tornado – It uses a non-blocking framework I/O and is capable of processing 10,000+ connections simultaneously.
- BlueBream – It is an ideal python framework for medium and substantial activities. It is known for its tightly integrated security model and component architecture, among other features.
- Quixote – This software framework is ideal for writing apps quickly because of its simplicity and flexible design. Developers can also maximize its broad array of third-party python modules.
- Web2Py – This open-source web application framework allows developers to reduce boring web development tasks. It though lacks project-level configuration files, given it was initially designed as a teaching tool.
- CubicWeb – This semantic web application framework written in Python is used in linked open data apps, semantic web, and applications.
The explanatory note about free and open-source Python frameworks mentioned above gives out ample understanding of the fact that python frameworks are many.
Besides, each of the frameworks contains specific features, coding styles, preferences, and other highlights, thereby making them suitable for developing web apps for developers.
However, choosing the right python software development framework could be a decision that must be made based on various parameters, including whether a particular python framework serves the goal and scope of your project.
Before you subject your decision to a state of confusion, how about hiring a reliable python web development company?
As your trusted partner for custom software development using python frameworks, Binmile can help you with advanced and feature-rich web applications best suited to your business needs.