The client operates in the Oil and Gas Industry. It is one of the largest Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in the world based out of South East Asia. The Oil and Gas are manpower, capital, and heavy machinery intensive sector making the operations control a challenge. With a multi-billion dollar valuation and operations in more than 5 countries, the client has to take care of different business components, such as Manpower, right communication to all its employees globally, supply chain management, adherence to legal compliances, governance, permits, procurement and overall a seamless flow of information, process and communication between its business functions, divisions, and people.
The Problem with the before-mentioned industries is that they have always been occupied with core business operations and paved less importance to technologies that can facilitate their business. With a core focus on exploration and production, unconsciously neglected the business practices that could have provided them operational resilience and added advantage by minimizing the cost of operations.
The client was using a variety of tools for all its business functions/processes with most of the tasks being done manually. A separate custom application for requesting and approving permits, another tool to manage its facility, yet another tool to manage its communications, and so on.
- Data generated from all business functions/divisions being stored in Silos.
- No clear communication/connection between business functions.
- Time-consuming as most of the process was manual in the organization.
- As the process was manual and spread over geographies, the cost of carrying out them was high.
- Regular breakdowns with delayed resolutions due to dispersed and independent tools and systems.
- Unease to people involved in day-to-day business operations.
- Too much of paperwork.
- Troublesome procedures for audits.
The solution was to adapt to the latest technology. To be an IT-enabled business, where the Decision Makers and Business are agile to face any challenge and exploit any opportunity that may strike. The path for Digital transformation was to be adopted keeping in mind the past, present, and future business requirements. The client has chosen Binmile Technologies as the desired partner for its Digital transformation journey.
1. Service Portal Catalogues
As the organization is huge and spread over geographies with complex business functions, it is very much necessary that the employees use the ServiceNow platform. The Service Portal was completely re-designed keeping in mind the user experience, diversified workforce, different business function needs, organization branding, increasing the usage of the Platform.
2. Customized Feed
The portal had a ticket view for all the requests and incidents raised, a widget for company announcements for its employees, a widget for choosing your favorite business update, an announcement widget to update its employees on new ServiceNow functionalities and many more.
3. ServiceNow Custom Applications
As ServiceNow is highly customizable and Scalable the client decided to ditch its legacy tools and systems and went ahead with custom applications in ServiceNow, such as a custom application for facilities management, a custom application to automate the flow of permits required, all this to be automated using ServiceNow Workflows.
- With automated processes, there are no errors in approval or documentation.
- Faster delivery of services to its employees and customers.
- All documents and data under one platform, easing Audit.
- Standardized brand image globally with Service Portal.
- With automation, there is saving in terms of both cost and time.
- Custom applications for all custom business need on the same platform.
- Process mapping with ServiceNow.
- Real-Time updates and reports on request and incident.